If you suffer from headaches, you are not alone. It is estimated that up to 38 million women, men, and children suffer from migraines. That number is astounding! There are tons of over the counter medications and prescription medications which can help. Some of us, however, would rather ditch the chemicals and side effects if at all possible. Pain pills have a plethora of side effects including nausea, dizziness, constipation, and even addiction. I prefer to steer clear of that.
This is a headache roll on recipe which uses essential oils to soothe that headache of yours. I hope you enjoy it!
What you need –
- A Glass roll-on bottle
- Carrier oil such as Almond Oil
- Peppermint Essential Oil
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Rosemary Essential Oil
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Put two drops of each essential oil into your glass roll-on bottle. Fill up the rest of your bottle with your almond oil or carrier oil. Make sure to leave a small amount of space at the top. Put the roller ball back on tight, and shake well before each use. Roll on a small amount behind your ears, on the side of your face just above your cheek bone (while avoiding anywhere near the eye area), and on the bottoms of your feet. This can be a preventative measure, or you can roll this blend on once you feel the onset of a headache or migraine. I hope you’ve enjoyed this recipe! What do you do to combat headaches naturally?
DIY Anti Aging Face Cream
Anti-aging facial products are all the rage in stores. You can buy brands with claims like “look 10 years younger instantly,” or, “permanent results in 2 weeks or less!” These claims and products may work temporarily, but in the long run these products are more damaging and can cause skin to age prematurely over time. Products in stores are filled with toxic ingredients like parabens, petroleum by-products, and even carcinogens. Your skin is your largest organ, and it absorbs what you put on it. Make sure the ingredients you’re putting on your skin aren’t harsh or toxic! Here is a DIY Anti Aging Face Cream with no toxic ingredients. It’s all natural, and you won’t have to worry about it causing blemishes or allergic reactions due to unnatural ingredients.
Materials & Ingredients:
- A Glass container with a lid that screws on tightly. Glass is the best material to store all natural products in, and essential oils will not eat away at glass. Plastics can seep into all natural products.
- 1/3 cup Raw Shea Butter. Shea Butter is ultra-hydrating, and provides protection against free-radicals. Free-radicals can cause skin to age faster, which is not something you want to happen!
- 1/4 cup Organic Coconut Oil. Coconut oil is extremely beneficial to your skin, providing intense moisture and anti-oxidants.
- 20 drops Rosehip Seed Oil. This oil has been used as a healing agent since Ancient Egyptian Times. The vitamins and fatty acids it contains makes this ingredient a prime fighter against fine lines and age spots.
- 10 drops Lavender Essential Oil. This essential oil has many uses and has antiseptic properties. It calms your skin, and makes your anti aging face cream smell like a dream!
- Using a double boiler on low heat, melt down your Shea Butter and Coconut Oil until well melted. This should take about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and turn off the stove.
- In a glass bowl, let your melted mixture sit for about 2 hours in room temperature. You don’t want your other oils to lose any of their fantastic properties for coming into contact with too much heat!
- Add in your Rosehip Seed Oil and Lavender Essential Oil.
- Mix well using a Kitchen Aid or hand mixer for about 5 minutes.
- Place your mixture in the fridge over night.
- The next day, take out your mixture and let it sit for about 2 more hours in room temperature.
- Mix thoroughly again. Your finalized mixture will have a wonderful texture similar to lotion.
- Store your mixture in your glass container. Keep away from heat and moisture, and make sure to put the lid on tight after each time you use it.
That’s it! Now you have an all natural, DIY Anti Aging Face Cream you can use in the morning and at night. Make sure you have a clean face before you apply it, so it will work its best. Voila!
DIY Perfume Using Essential Oils
Perfume makes you look and feel great! Who doesn’t want to smell absolutely scrumptious? However, store bought perfumes are not regulated by a government entity or organization for ingredients. Fragrances you purchase can have any number of toxic ingredients that are terrible for your skin. Perfumes are also incredibly expensive! Why not make your own DIY Perfume using essential oils? It’s a fraction of the cost, and there are no potentially toxic ingredients to worry about.
- A small glass perfume bottle or a handy, travel-size roll-on bottle
- 10 drops essential oils of your choice (I like using lavender, rose, and chamomile)
- A carrier oil (I like to use sweet almond oil because it adds more sweet fragrance)
In your perfume bottle or roll-on bottle, add in your 10 drops of essential oils. Fill up the rest of your bottle leaving a small amount of space at the top with your carrier oil. Seal your container and shake to mix all ingredients well. It’s that easy! Shake each time you use your DIY perfume using essential oils, to ensure that all ingredients are properly mixed. Don’t forget that citrus essential oils are phototoxic , and always read up on the essential oils you use.