DIY Anti Aging Face Cream
Anti-aging facial products are all the rage in stores. You can buy brands with claims like “look 10 years younger instantly,” or, “permanent results in 2 weeks or less!” These claims and products may work temporarily, but in the long run these products are more damaging and can cause skin to age prematurely over time. Products in stores are filled with toxic ingredients like parabens, petroleum by-products, and even carcinogens. Your skin is your largest organ, and it absorbs what you put on it. Make sure the ingredients you’re putting on your skin aren’t harsh or toxic! Here is a DIY Anti Aging Face Cream with no toxic ingredients. It’s all natural, and you won’t have to worry about it causing blemishes or allergic reactions due to unnatural ingredients.
Materials & Ingredients:
- A Glass container with a lid that screws on tightly. Glass is the best material to store all natural products in, and essential oils will not eat away at glass. Plastics can seep into all natural products.
- 1/3 cup Raw Shea Butter. Shea Butter is ultra-hydrating, and provides protection against free-radicals. Free-radicals can cause skin to age faster, which is not something you want to happen!
- 1/4 cup Organic Coconut Oil. Coconut oil is extremely beneficial to your skin, providing intense moisture and anti-oxidants.
- 20 drops Rosehip Seed Oil. This oil has been used as a healing agent since Ancient Egyptian Times. The vitamins and fatty acids it contains makes this ingredient a prime fighter against fine lines and age spots.
- 10 drops Lavender Essential Oil. This essential oil has many uses and has antiseptic properties. It calms your skin, and makes your anti aging face cream smell like a dream!
- Using a double boiler on low heat, melt down your Shea Butter and Coconut Oil until well melted. This should take about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and turn off the stove.
- In a glass bowl, let your melted mixture sit for about 2 hours in room temperature. You don’t want your other oils to lose any of their fantastic properties for coming into contact with too much heat!
- Add in your Rosehip Seed Oil and Lavender Essential Oil.
- Mix well using a Kitchen Aid or hand mixer for about 5 minutes.
- Place your mixture in the fridge over night.
- The next day, take out your mixture and let it sit for about 2 more hours in room temperature.
- Mix thoroughly again. Your finalized mixture will have a wonderful texture similar to lotion.
- Store your mixture in your glass container. Keep away from heat and moisture, and make sure to put the lid on tight after each time you use it.
That’s it! Now you have an all natural, DIY Anti Aging Face Cream you can use in the morning and at night. Make sure you have a clean face before you apply it, so it will work its best. Voila!